Friday, November 17, 2006

Suicide is painless!!

The theme of the popular 70’s show M.A.S.H was named with a black humor, just like the show itself. In reality suicide is anything but painless. But in the spate of a few days, one attempted suicide and the newspaper account of many, compels me to think whether we all look at life with black humor.

Has it become so easy to take life, even if it is yours? Do the dearly departed care about the dearly left-behinds, the fall outs of their action. Does depression kill more then cancer?

Coming back to my original point, I feel that in the whole rigmarole of career, future and other planning, we have stopped living and thus stopped loving the thought of living. Because once you have really tasted the joy of simply “living”, I cannot imagine giving that up. Take the time to learn or teach that, and I think we can teach a whole generation the “Art of Living” literally. Here is to a world where people chose to live, not die.

No comments: