Thursday, May 17, 2007

Having A Bad day

Today was one of those days when nothing goes right. The glass has to fall, the milk has to spill and the traffic has to come to a standstill! Well that’s not exactly what happened but you get my drift.

The problem started when I was making my lunch this morning. I forgot to throw in the chili, which my hubby loves, as I was in a hurry (my maid is absconding and the morning is a rush job). So I decided to substitute it with chili powder. Of course, the container had to go flying out of my hand and all that red chili power to spill all over my recently mopped kitchen floor.

And this happened with only 20 minutes to go before we get really late to office. So I dashed for the broom and tried to sweep it off without getting any powder in my eyes or fingers. Even though the floor got cleaned my mood was already feeling the burnt of the chili.

But I didn’t have the time to brood. So I dashed off to get ready. Of course then I had to drop my earrings under my bed and then crawl on all four, while wearing that well-ironed formal dress looking for that earring. Got into an even crappier mood by then.

Thank god though the traffic was merciful and reached the office without hassle. Now, owing to the fact that my husband had an early morning meeting, I reached office half an hour before time. But I wasn’t worried as I planned on having my breakfast in the canteen, by which time my one of the guys would have turned up with the office key.

I work in small law firm with a handful of people. So we most of have a keys. But as luck goes I had given mine to another colleague the night before as he was staying late. So imagine my irritation and surprise, when no one turned up by office time. I called my lucky colleague and he shamelessly informed me that he woke up late and was still at home. Well same story was repeated with others until one guy turned up half an hour later.

Now, I am a true believer of every bad thing comes in threes. That was three things, so hoping I don’t have any more nasty surprises today. Oh god, don’t you just hate this kind of days?

1 comment:

illusions said...

Please dont even start thinking on the nastiness as most of the time Murphy's law proves us wrong. but I can jolly well imagine the morning, straight out of a soap where things do look much too contrived but if we observe they are not too far away from the reality. But cheer up, look at the bright side, your creativity working full time!