Monday, September 03, 2007

Need Coffee To Live?

Don't we all. I mean need coffee to live? My mother will disagree. She swears by tea. But then she is old generation (she is so killing me for this). I my self didn't become a caffiene worshipper until I went to study in Chennai. Here I had two major compulsions which led me to convert to Caffeinism - One, we had 90 minutes long classes which could be survived only by drinking gallons of coffee and two, the smell of filter coffee was just too damn enticing. It also didn't help that my then room-mate and current best friend can't string a simple sentence together without having her cup of black coffee. So every morning after kicking me off the bed and sending me to finish a hurried bath she would present me with a cup of that poison and who could say no to such indulgence in hostel life.

Since then coffee and I have had a tumultuous relationship. There has been times when sloppy quality had driven us apart. Sometimes, stressful life has brought us too close together for comfort. There had been days when I could only tolerate coffee in my life, when I had confessed my deepest sins to a coffee mug. But at the end of the day, I confess I do need coffee to live. But I will take my tea on Sundays!

3 comments:

illusions said...

I totally get your point, as I must confess to my addiction for tea. Without that first cup in the morning it is difficult to wake up.

Srobona RC said...

I have two words for you..old generation. ha ha just kidding. Its the coffee talking.

Unknown said...

Well, in Shillong I would drink about 8 cups of tea a day, but I was never addicted to it. Tea and coffee never seemed to give me any kick, nor did they ever manage to get me hooked on to them. I mostly drank tea for the taste, and at times for the company.
Every time I'd travel to Guwahati, I'd stop drinking tea altogether. From 8 cups a day down to 0 cups a day in a matter of hours, and it never bothered me. The tea in Ghy never tasted good.. It had something to do with the water in Guwahati...
I stopped drinking tea when I came to office. Office tea tastes horrible. But then I found out that you needed tea to start conversations with people in the pantry. So I started buying my own Twinings Earl Gray and Darjeeling.