Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I need my scratch post

Almost a month of being cooped up in this little town is driving me out of my mind! I am craving like a junkie for a break (no actual experience of that though), or a scratch post! If any of you wondered the significance of my alias, where here it is - I am a definitely a feline creature, literally. The thought of getting my claws into a nice wood bean is right now very appealing. Its either that or a human substitute. But I think that may border on homicide. These are the days I wish I was cat, to be able to actually scratch some unsuspecting tree to ribbons, or curl up on afternoon sun and laze.

I am not very good at being cooped up - both figuratively and literally. The moment I feel some stagnancy creeping into my life, the whole need for scratch post materializes. I feel the urge to do something, push forward, change something....just do something. The feeling is so strong that the more saner urge to temper it only results in restless energy by the oodles. Like they say, something gotta give soon. Oh dear me, my claws are itching (snick! snick!)

....pppuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrfeeeeeeeeeeccccct!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

illusions said...

Scratch post is a good idea...I am tremendously looking forward to one myself, the sad part is they have already fell down 30,000 trees in Delhi and the thought of harming one is beyond me probably I will settle for the homicidal option instead ;)

Srobona RC said...

Hmmmm..........I envy the look of pure contentment on that cats face. and regret for the 20th time for not being born as a cat. Try not to give into the homicidal urge. I checked - they DO NOT allow you to blog from prison and I so look forward to your scribbles. What will I do if you go to prison? Resist the urge...for my sake! :-)

Unknown said...

Life is getting boring?
Dump your hubby. Hook on with, whats his name, the British actor who was in Love Actually. I'm sure you'll find him pretty.

:)

Srobona RC said...

I don't think I saw that chick-flick. I rather have George Cloony (older man....mmmmmmmmmm) or James McAvoy (boy toy).........:-)

But after sometime they all will turn boring. I have a better idea...now that I can ride a bicycle..I think I will invest in a Harley Davidson and some bad ass leather ensemble with silver studs...

Abha said...

i know that feeling. And when i run out of ideas to do something and badly want to do something the only thing that comes to mind is to get a haircut. (haven't changed my hairstyle in a good 8 years)I know it sounds silly but somehow I feel that changing a hairstyle could scratch up that itch of doing something for a long time afterwards;-))
Keep scratching.....

Unknown said...

> .I think I will invest in a Harley Davidson

And increase your carbon footpring