Friday, July 13, 2007

Bheja Fry – a crisp Comedy

A few weeks after I saw this movie and went completely gag a over it, one my friends spilled the secret that Bheja Fry was a remake of some French Movie called “Dinner with Friends (In French of course).

Well, if Departed can get an Oscar (Scene by scene remake of an Hongkong movie Infernal Affairs), I say why not. The bottom line it was made well. The movie never slacks. And the few dialogues totally convince you of its title – Bheja Fry…literally brain fry, slang for being driven nuts- which the protagonist does with no effort.

The movie has a theatre feel to it. Most of the story happens in a room, with two people. A few more cast come and go, each character used very sparingly and effectively. And the ending is like the punch line of a joke.

I started skeptically, became and believer and ended up howling. Any movie that can do that me is worth watching guys.

That reminds me, if you guys find this movie good, go ahead and see “Khosla ka Ghosla”. That’s another gem.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Completely agree with the review. In fact, I wanna watch it with Mom this time. Do you think it's safe to watch with Moms...

Srobona RC said...

Yes...I also wish I saw it mom...instead of you ;-)