Monday, March 31, 2008

Ratatouille - A must watch!

Remy the rat was fascinated by a french chef who inspire him to cook! So what does he do? He tried roasting a mushroom by pegging it into a roof top antenna over the chimney. How did it taste? "Lighteningy"!! Oh did i forget to mention there was a thunderstorm?

My weekend movie pick Ratatouille was a total entertainer, I was left howling and rolling on the floor for most of the movie and the rest of the time I was in total awe of the totally realistic impression of the busy kitchen.

The moral of the story? - Anyone can cook! (I wish it was that easy...wait I wish I was Remy the rat!) Remy's totally unrodently talent takes in a gastronomical journey to Paris and a yester-years great restaurant. The movie than goes on to tell the story of the unlikely friendship between an young men and the furry creature, and the journey of a life time to great food and deep realisation. Sounds very serious? Not at all...you just have to see it to experience it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice movie.. really nice one.. we saw it one day when the office network went down.. there was some under sea cable cut or something..
the entire IBM ISL went to the show that day.. it appeared as if ibm had booked the entire hall.

illusions said...

Remy is the cutest little chef I know. It sincerely one of the best animations after my personal favourite Ice Age. I am a HUGE fan of Sid the Sloth... for the most obvious reason as I totally identify with Sid. He he. But Remy is a genius which all of us in the kitchen would love to be. As you would know I am more or less surrounded by different furry creatures, Jerry Wong the mouse and me were very close as we used to have these mid night conversations which my other half used to find totally frustrating but hilarious to say the least.

The latest in the row is a colony of bees hanging in their wonderful hive from my kitchen ledge. Now how did it happen? Well as last week I was in Shillong my other half spent his days and some part of the nights in the office hence he had no chance to check what's up in the terrace and the house. So yesterday we discovered the huge beehive hanging from the window ledge. Now I am in this dilemma over what to do with it, as it will be very cruel to demolish their home and so far apart from a few stray lazy bees who have come knocking inside the house, our hanging and buzzing neighbours have been very polite. Keeping themselves to themselves. But the Hollywood images of the film BEES keep on drifting to my mind and I just have those horrible replays of the scenes going on my mind. Any ideas what to do?

Srobona RC said...

Get someone to smoke them away. Its not big deal to them..they will build very fast. If anyone living nearby is alletgic to bee-sting, it's kind of ur responsibilty make sure they don't hang around. Moreover, if the hive breaks even by accident, you will have a swarm on you....which is nothing disney like dear!